Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bible Stories, Illustrated



















So, here's a little more illustration work. These are for a certain children's home, who has a church youthgroup coming in a few weeks, and the chaplain wanted to put them to work painting the Easter backdrops (some serious foreplanning). Rather than stage a play, this home uses costumes to stage the children in the scenes and photographs them as artifacts of their presence there.

They'll just use my line art to project onto their backdrops, and then I included these colored versions as a color guide. The Last Supper is my favorite, because it puts Jesus and 2 disciples at the head of a real table, so the kids can sit around it.

I also had fun trying to keep Jesus poly-racial.

1 comment:

elnellis said...

sweet work. you have such a wide range of talent my friend.
p